We'll soon have a new website - Take a look and try out our new website experience

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Report an issue with quad bikes, off-roading and mini motos

Share by emailShare by email

Information on how to report a problem with antisocial behaviour, including issues with quad bikes, scramblers, mini-motos and other vehicles being ridden illegally.

When we can take action

We can take action when vehicles are illegally:

  • Being used or pushed on a road or the footway adjacent to it.
  • Being used off-road on footpaths, in parks, car parks, on common land or at any other location where the public have access.

We cannot take action when the vehicles are being used on private land with the landowner’s permission.

Report it

What information we’ll need from you

Any detail you can provide about the issue will help our officers and local authorities to investigate the problem. Useful information would include:

  • What kind of vehicle it is (a quad bike, scrambler or mini-moto, for example).
  • Identifiable markings of the vehicle, including registration numbers, makes and models.
  • Descriptions of the riders and their clothing.
  • Where the vehicles are being ridden.
  • Video footage and pictures - but only where it is safe to capture these without putting yourself or others at risk.

If the vehicles are currently being ridden:

Call Nottinghamshire Police on 101.

If this is a long-term problem in your area:

Contact your local neighbourhood policing team who can work to find a longer-term solution to the problem which could involve seizing and destroying any vehicles which are being ridden illegally.