We'll soon have a new website - Take a look and try out our new website experience

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Report horses grazing on my land without my permission

Share by emailShare by email

Any horse abandoned on public or private land without the permission of the land owner is known as 'fly grazing' and should be reported to the police.

Before you call

Before reporting this or taking action to remove the horses, you should enquire whether your neighbours or anyone locally knows who the animals belong to.

Please note that you are responsible for the control and welfare of the animals while they remain on your land. You will need to make sure that they are fed and have access to water as long as they remain on your property.

See it? Report it

Report cruelty to the animals

If there is no water supply in the area where the horses are or you have any other concerns regarding the welfare of the animals, please contact the RSPCA to report this as a case of cruelty to animals.

Report fly grazing

To report fly grazing on your land, please contact Nottinghamshire Police using the 101 non-emergency number.