We'll soon have a new website - Take a look and try out our new website experience

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Report vehicle nuisance caused by ‘boy racers’ and car cruising

Share by emailShare by email

Car cruising activity can see hundreds of drivers, cars, motorcycles and spectators attend impromptu events that go on until the early hours of the morning and affect the quality of life of people living nearby.

The events may involve drivers racing, riding in convoy, driving at excessive speed and other potentially dangerous activity which can put the safety of drivers, their passengers and other road users at risk.

What restrictions are in place to control car cruising?

Court injunctions are in place in the following areas, giving officers additional powers to take action against car cruising at:

  • Chilwell Retail Park (effective to January 2018)
  • Victoria Retail Park Netherfield (effective to January 2018)
  • The area surrounding junction 27 of the M1 (effective to January 2018)

Anyone breaching these injunctions can be subject to receive a fixed penalty notice, have their vehicles seized and even face court action.

Report car cruising activity

Report car cruising in one of the above areas

Call Nottinghamshire Police using the 101 non-emergency number or call 999 in an emergency.

Report a long-term concern about car cruising in your area

Contact your neighbourhood policing team who can understand whether the incident forms part of a wider problem in the area and can work on a longer-term solution to tackle the problem.