We'll soon have a new website - Take a look and try out our new website experience

Text Size

Current Size: 100%

Report an alarm going off

Share by emailShare by email

Our control room receives a large amount of calls about alarms going off at people's homes or shops and businesses.

An alarm is going off - what should I do?

Due to the large amount of calls we receive about house or business alarms that have been activated accidentally or by mistake, we ask that in the first instance, wherever possible, you try to contact the homeowner or business to let them know their alarm is going off. 

If you witness suspicious activity

If an alarm is going off and you have witnessed suspicious activity around the property, please call Nottinghamshire Police on the non-emergency 101 number.

In an emergency

If you think a crime is in progress and the offenders may still be at the scene, please call 999 immediately.

Share by emailShare by email

101 is the number to call when you need to contact Nottinghamshire Police and it’s less urgent than a 999 call. Calls are free, no matter how long the call lasts.

Share by emailShare by email

999 is the number to call when you want to contact us in an emergency and an immediate police response is necessary.

999 is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.