Farm machinery: Rural crime prevention advice
Reduce the risk in six steps:
- If stored outside, keep vehicles in a well-lit location overnight, keep them locked at ALL times when not in use.
- Keep the keys with you or in a locked key safe.
- Consider using hitch locks and wheel clamps.
- Consider a tracking device or data tracking chip for high value items.
- Register valuable plant. Five items can be registered free with the national plant and equipment register www.ter-europe.org
- All property, including vehicles should be photographed and recorded in an asset register. Love it, log it! www.immobilise.com
Mark your property
Deter thieves - make sure your property is clearly marked CREMARK and similar property marking systems are available to buy from Nottinghamshire Police’s Pre-Crime Unit. To request more information call 101, extension 800 3011.
PDF: 866.55 KB