Farm boundaries: Rural crime prevention advice
Reduce the risk in six steps:
- Remove all gates and entrances that you no longer use. If possible establish a single entrance and exit.
- Invert and cap gate hinges so gates cannot be lifted off, use good padlocks with covers that cannot be cut off and ensure fixing bolts cannot be removed.
- Plant thorn hedges as natural boundaries.
- Dig ditches to restrict vehicle access.
- Consider using an entry control system- infra-red, intercom or key pad entry.
- Cattle grids should be removed and locked out of position when not in use.
Sign up for free advice and crime alerts at Nottinghamshire Alert
PDF: 914.21 KB