Advice guide - Keeping your jewellery safe
Keep your jewellery safe, don’t give anyone the opportunity, and follow the advice on this page.
- Whether you are out or at home, always lock the doors and windows of your house.
- When you are not wearing your jewellery keep it somewhere safe and out of sight.
- Invest in a lockable concealed safe, for your home and use it. Or hire a security box. HSBC bank offers a service to account holders. Other banks and security companies may also do this.
- Invest in a burglar alarm and remember to turn it on.
- Insure your jewellery. If it is already insured, is your policy up-to-date?
- Photograph your pieces and upload them to the Immobilise website so, if they are lost or stolen, you stand a better chance of getting them back.
- Security mark your pieces with methods such as Smartwater or SelectaDNA.
- Be discreet with your jewellery in crowded, public places. Don’t make yourself a target for an opportunist thief.
To speak to our Crime Prevention Unit about protecting your property and reducing your chances of becoming a victim of crime email firstname.lastname@example.org