Report concerns about a drink or drug driver
If you suspect that someone is driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, this should be reported.
'You can make a difference'
If you suspect someone you know is about to drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we would encourage you ask to stop them.
Putting pressure on those who drive while under the influence could avoid putting other people in danger.
How to report a drink or drug driver
- Call Nottinghamshire Police on the 101 non-emergency number or dial 999 if there is an immediate threat to life or property.
- Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Report online via Crimestoppers’ anonymous reporting form.
What information will you need to provide?
- Name, address and description of the driver
- Car make, model and registration number
- Regular patterns of behaviour, including any venues where the person regularly drinks
How we will respond
While we cannot always attend immediately during busy periods, evenings and weekends, we will use the information you provide to understand whether your report is part of a regular pattern of behaviour that could help us to secure a prosecution.